Saturday, May 1, 2010

Final Stretch




10 days and counting... well that's if I don't go past my due date! I can't believe we finally get to meet this precious little girl. In some ways it feels like I've been pregnant forever and then some days I feel like we were just celebrating the pink line. The last couple months have been chaotic with baby showers, work, and trying to prepare the house for an infant. I'm loving my final hours of sleep and "me" time, but I'm chomping at the bit to move forward and start my journey into true motherhood!

I feel it necessary to mention my current exercise and nutrition habits because they have changed somewhat dramatically from the first trimester of marathon training. I consider it a good week when I fit in 2-3 long walks (3-5 miles) and 1-2 days of lifting. My personal training clients have become my own trainers and I believe are the ONLY reason I am able to keep up the pace I have maintained throughout pregnancy! If I did not have the motivation to be there for someone else, I believe many workout days may have been skipped. I'm including a picture of one of my clients/friends who has kept up my 4 & 5 mile walks and the table is turning on who's pushing who:)


Nutrition is a little hit or miss. I can honestly say when I eat healthy, I feel great! On weekends where we have all day eating festivities, football, or too much T.V. time, I almost feel like I have a food hangover the next day. Do you think my body and baby are trying to tell me something?? I'm actually getting rewarded for doing the right thing and reprimanded for being bad! The weight has steadily increased and I am now weighing 27 pounds heavier than my pre-pregnancy weight. I have to admit, I'll be pretty excited if I can stay around a healthy 30 pound total weight gain. We will see what the next couple weeks will bring!

I plan to continue my thoughts after Roo is born and finally be able to announce a name! However, I want to say thank you for following my journey and supporting my husband and I in this exciting time! I feel blessed with my healthy pregnancy and honestly could not have done it without the help of family, friends and clients! I have had amazing support and it makes me so happy to be surrounded by such amazing people. THANKS TO ALL!

No comments: