Saturday, May 1, 2010

It's a...

What a fantastic week! My husband and I had been anticipating week 20 for months. Week 20 is the golden time when you can choose to find out the sex of your baby-to-be. I have learned that this is a big debate for a lot of couples and that people have strong opinions on finding out:) For me, getting to find out the sex of the baby has been my own little (half way through the pregnancy) treat. I also feel that it's given my husband and I the opportunity to feel a little more connected to baby Roo. Don't get me wrong, I completely understand why couples choose to wait. It is one of the best surprises that life has to offer (I just chose to get my surprise a little early).


My husband and I had fun with the finding out process. We decided to have the ultra sound technician write the sex of the baby on a piece of paper and put it in an envelope to be opened in the comfort of our own home. We practically skipped out of our appointment with huge grins! The ultra sound was amazing seeing pictures of little feet, hands, a healthy looking brain and heart beat!! We arrived home and had to wait for a contractor to stop by and then we hit the porch with a non-alcoholic glass of wine:) We chatted and enjoyed the suspense for a few minutes longer and then decided to look in the envelope. We counted to 3 and saw... "I'm a Girl!". We both had tears in our eyes and jumped around hugging and feeling elated about our baby GIRL!

My husband was cute and told his co-workers that he'd wear pink or blue, I was kind of surprised that he followed through, but he did! It's fun to see Nick so excited and I just think he'll be the greatest dad. My biggest worry is that my poor daughter will have a hard time finding her perfect husband because her dad will leave some pretty big shoes to fill! Ok, done bragging about my husband. ha! Start thinking pink and stay tuned for the baby room and house projects!

No comments: